NOMM SUNSHINE OATMEAL
Hump day and this cold weather got you down? We've got a piping hot recipe to brighten your gloomy days.
Each NOMM cookie's nutrition is comparable to a bowl of oatmeal, so we've unpacked simple ingredients that we use in our products to give you a warm and cozy brekkie bowl recipe!
OUR CURRENT FAVE
NOMM's very own Sunshine Oatmeal bowl, filled with the goodness of sunflower seeds, sweetened naturally with bananas and dates, and topped off with some ooey gooey 100% cacao chunks. It's basically our cookie unpacked into a hot breakfast (or lunch, or snack, or dinner #oatmealallday).
In the Bowl
- 1/4 cup raw (approx. 1 cup cooked) steel-cut oats
- 1-2 medjool dates
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 tsp raw sunflower seeds
- 50g 100% cacao (chunks, or wafers, which melt a little and work better than nibs)
- Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
INSTRUCTIONSWe've sourced instructions to cook your perfect texture of steel cut oats courtesy of Bob's Red Mill
For Stove Top Cooking
- Bring 3 cups water and 1/2 tsp salt to a boil then add 1 cup steel cut oats
- Reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook 10 - 20 minutes (depending on how chewy you like your cereal). Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for a couple of minutes. Yields about 3 cups.
- Select “Manual” Setting. Press “Pressure” until "High Pressure" is illuminated. Press “Adjust” until "Normal" is illuminated.
- Using the “-“ and “+” keys, set cook time for 3 minutes. Once the cooking time has finished, leave steam release handle in place and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Stir oats well after cooking and adjust consistency throughout service with additional bottled water. Use the “Keep Warm” function to keep the oats warm throughout service. Yields about 3 cups. (Total cook time 40 minutes.)Let the seeds cool for a few minutes then transfer them to the bowl of your food processor.