CREAMY VEGAN CHOCOLATE MILK
Did you know that one glass of branded commercial chocolate milk contains 5 teaspoons (20 grams) of sugar? That is almost your entire recommended daily allowance in one glass! This homemade creamy chocolate milk has zero added sugar and is a drink that you will constantly want to have stocked up in the fridge!
OUR CURRENT FAVE
Once again, Claire, from @addsomeveg, has crafted a must try sugar-free chocolate milk! It was too good not to share with our NOMM family! Enjoy!
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 large pinch of ground cinnamon, (ginger, cardamom or chili powder are other nice options)
- 1/4 cup (80ml) non-dairy milk slightly warmed (about 10 seconds in the microwave should do it)
- 3/4 cup (170ml) non-dairy milk
- Ice cubes, optional
- Mix the cacao powder and cinnamon in a glass with the slightly warmed non-dairy milk, and stir until combined (if it struggles to mix properly, put back in the microwave for a few more seconds until it does)
- Add the other 3/4 cup non-dairy milk, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring as you go
- Add ice cubes, if using